January 8, 2018
ESSENTIAL FORMULAS ANNOUNCES AN
UPDATED BOX DESIGN FOR DR. OHHIRA’S PROBIOTICS®
DALLAS – January 8, 2018 – Essential Formulas Incorporated (EFI) is proud to announce the launch of a redesigned packaging emphasizing streamlined, consumer-friendly product information for award-winning Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics®. While the updated box is new, the proven formula based on more than 30 years of research remains exactly the same—the ONLY 3-year fermented whole-food supplement that consumers worldwide depend on for improved digestive and microbiome health.
Although sales of probiotics are flourishing with Global sales projected to reach $65.6 billion by 2022, consumers are still struggling to understand the product labels. Essential Formulas is set to lead the industry in presenting product information to maximize transparency and minimize consumer confusion by educating the consumer at the point of purchase.
“A pioneer in probiotic health and research, Dr. Ohhira proved what science now confirms, that the most vital and health-promoting aspect of probiotic supplementation is the restorative Postbiotic metabolites produced in his exclusive natural 3-year fermentation process,” states Brian Craig, CEO of Essential Formulas. “While Postbiotics have always been present in Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics, the revised packaging now clearly communicates the proven relevance of his groundbreaking research.”
To focus more fully on the critical message of Postbiotics, the enhanced product packaging includes:
- Colorful images showcasing the wholesome fruits, vegetables, mushroom and seaweed used in Dr. Ohhira’s revolutionary formula.
- Bold graphics displaying the synergistic relationship of Prebiotics, Probiotics, and Postbiotics found only in Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics.
- Strain names for the 12 selected probiotics used in the three-year fermentation
- Vertical format to allow for more efficient shelf space.
- A 100-count box size for frequent users and whole family health.
- Replacement of the CFU counts with Postbiotic education as recent scientific studies have confirmed that “quality is more important than quantity” and “billions are not necessarily better.”
“Essential Formulas was founded over 17 years ago to introduce Dr. Ohhira’s groundbreaking probiotic formulas to North America,” said William Schoor, President of EFI. “We take this responsibility very seriously and are proud to present Dr. Ohhira’s life work in packaging that will more clearly communicate the health-promoting and often life-changing benefits of his extraordinary formula.”
 Global Probiotics Market Trends, Insights and Forecasts, Melvin Bright, October 2017.