February 23, 2017
Rapid Microbiome Restoration involves recreating a healthy GI environment AND populating the environment with the correct inhabitants. This involves addressing and repairing two common causes of microbiome disfunction.
- Re-establish a healthy microbiome environment. In dysbiosis, the acid/base balance in the GI tract has become too alkaline. This promotes/supports growth of pathogens and is unfavorable to the growth of probiotics. Introduction of postbiotic™ metabolites called short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) helps shift the GI acid/base in a slightly more acidic direction which is optimal for probiotics and unfavorable for the growth of pathogens.
- Re-estabiish an optimal microbial balance (roughly 80-90% good bacteria). Two factors promote this rebalancing: a) introducing SCFAs create a favorable environment that supports the growth of probiotic bacteria and, b) introducing probiotic bacteria to help reestablish microbial balance.
- Introducing Postbiotic™ Metabolites. In a healthy microbiome, probiotic bacteria are constantly producing compounds we refer to as postbiotic™ metabolites. Dr. Ohhira’s multi-year fermentation process simulates the processes that occur in the human GI tract. Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics deliver beneficial bacteria, healthy prebiotic foods and postbiotic metabolites.
Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics deliver A Complete Microbiome System which helps to accomplish Rapid Microbiome Restoration.
Other causes of GI/microbiome problems are:
- Inflammation which can be caused by gluten sensitivity, or any number of other food or environmental allergens.
- Microbiome disrupting drugs such as antibiotics, PPIs, NSAIDs, etc.
Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics addresses points #1 and #2 above. People may have other factors such as those mentioned in a & b above that may also need to be addressed.
By Ross Pelton, Pharmacist
Scientific Director/Essential Formulas