The 12 Probiotic Strains used in Dr. Ohhira’s Formula
1. Enterococcus faecalis TH10 – The proteolytic power of Dr. Ohhira’s proprietary TH-10 strain is what distinguishes it from other Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB). Proteolytic power is the ability of LAB to digest protein during the fermentation process. The greater its ability to digest protein, the greater the power of the LAB. Enterococcus faecalis TH10 has been found to produce compounds that promote a balanced microbiome and healthy gastrointestinal function.*
2. Bifidobacterium breve ss. breve M-16v – Promotes comfortable digestion and regularity; helps support a healthy immune system*
3. Bifidobacterium infantis ss. infantis M-63 – Promotes digestive comfort in both the stomach and intestinal tract*
4. Bifidobacterium longum BB536 – Supports the body’s ability to process and eliminate nitrates in food*
5. Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14®︎ – Supports a healthy immune system; helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels already in the normal range*
6. Lactobacillus brevis ss. brevis NBRC 3345 – Produces natural bacteriocins, which support a healthy immune system*
7. Lactobacillus bulgaricus NBRC 13953 – Supports digestive comfort and healthy stomach acid*
8. Lactobacillus casei ss. cassei TO-A – Supports a healthy immune system, promotes healthy cellular growth and normal apoptosis*
9. Lactobacillus fermentum NBRC 3071 – Supports a healthy immune system and promotes nitrogen activation*
10. Lactobacillus helveticus ss. jugurti NBRC 3809 – Supports a healthy immune system and promotes the body’s ability to maintain healthy cellular growth*
11. Lactobacillus plantarum TO-A – Produces natural bacteriocins, which support a healthy immune system*
12. Streptococcus thermopilus NBRC 13957 – Supports production of the antioxidant SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE*
Have a question about probiotics? Click here to check out our Probiotics FAQs.
Want to learn more about probiotic terms? Click here to check out our Glossary of Probiotics Terms.