By Ross Pelton, RPh, PhD, CCN
WHY POSTBIOTIC METABOLITES ARE THE NEW FRONTIER OF MICROBIOME SCIENCE
Long before science confirmed the importance of postbiotic metabolites, Dr. Iichiroh Ohhira’s research revealed that probiotics derived from a multitude of crops and fermented for 3 to 5 years resulted in the production of metabolites he referred to as biogenics. These are the compounds we now call postbiotic metabolites.i
Recent research has revealed that Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics contain over 400 postbiotic metabolites, which are derived as a result of the natural fermentation of live bacteria with high-fiber food crops. This explains why Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics are so effective at rapidly helping to improve people’s intestinal distress.
Taking Probiotics: A Multi-step Process:
When an individual with intestinal dysbiosis ingests probiotic bacteria, the following multi-step process needs to occur in order to achieve benefits:
- Bacteria must safely transit through the harsh acid in the stomach and arrive safely in the small intestines.
- The bacteria then need to “find” the types of prebiotic foods, which contain the types of fibers they require for their metabolic processes.
- If the host/patient is not consuming a wide variety of fiber-rich foods (primarily colored vegetables & fruits), the probiotic bacteria won’t get the kind of fiber/foods they require and hence, they are not likely to thrive.
- Also, the arriving probiotic bacteria will probably be entering a very hostile environment where they have to “fight” and survive against a large population of enemies. , ie. “bad” or pathological bacteria; like sending billions of soldiers to fight trillions of entrenched enemy soldiers.
- The probiotics may also be entering a highly inflamed intestinal tract where a large number of free radicals are being produced. This might be similar to fire fighters entering an area with a raging forest fire, or soldiers entering into a battle where a large amount of enemy artillery is being fired at them.
- The acid/base level in the intestinal tract of people with dysbiosis can be anywhere from 10x to 100x too alkaline. Pathological bacteria thrive in an alkaline pH whereas probiotic bacteria require a slightly acidic environment. Sending probiotics into an inflamed, alkaline environment is kind of like sending an Eskimo to work in the Sahara Desert or sending a desert nomad to work in the frigid Arctic.
- Finally, after probiotics arrive in a hostile environment, and if they can locate fiber-rich foods, they then have to ferment/digest those fibers and begin the metabolic process of turning those foods into postbiotic metabolites, which is a process that takes time. Directly delivering postbiotic metabolites is a MUCH faster way to shift/transform an inflamed dysbiotic GI tract back to a healthy intestinal tract: Rapid Microbiome Restoration.
Directly Ingesting Postbiotic Metabolites = FAST ACTION
When postbiotic metabolites are taken, they go to work immediately adjusting the acid/base level towards a more optimal slightly acidic pH, reducing inflammation, accelerating the growth of healthy new cells in the lining of the GI tract, and the anti-microbial peptides immediately begin killing pathological bacteria.
Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics is the only known product that delivers hundreds of postbiotic metabolites with each dose, in addition to probiotic bacteria and supportive prebiotic foods. This is why we at Essential Formulas refer to Dr. Ohhira’s as “A Complete Microbiome System,” that helps achieve Rapid Microbiome Restoration.