Mar 03, 2015
DR. OHHIRA’S PROBIOTICS
Understanding the Importance of Probiotics and How Probiotics Can Keep You Healthy and Prevent Unwanted Illnesses and Diseases from Occurring
Did you know…?
Probiotics are bacteria that help maintain the natural balance of organisms (microflora) in the intestines camera. The normal human digestive tract contains about 400 types of probiotic bacteria that reduce the growth of harmful bacteria and promote a healthy digestive system. The largest group of probiotic bacteria in the intestine is lactic acid bacteria, of which Lactobacillus acidophilus, found in yogurt with live cultures, is the best known. Yeast is also a probiotic substance. Probiotics are also available as dietary supplements.
Why should people use Probiotics?
Many people use probiotics to prevent diarrhea, gas, and cramping caused by antibiotics. Antibiotics kill “good” (beneficial) bacteria along with the bacteria that cause illness. A decrease in beneficial bacteria may lead to digestive problems. Taking probiotics may help replace the lost beneficial bacteria. This can help prevent diarrhea.
A decrease in beneficial bacteria may also lead to other infections, such as vaginal yeast and urinary tract infections, and symptoms such as diarrhea from intestinal illnesses.
Probiotics may also be used to:
- Help with other causes of diarrhea.
- Help prevent infections in the digestive tract.
- Help control immune response (inflammation), as in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Probiotics are being studied for benefits in colon cancer, skin infections, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Why you should consider a probiotic for Kids:
My children take probiotics for kids and I have found it beneficial. It has helped my son when he had diarrhea and I noticed when my son was sick with the cold and flu he didn’t seem to have it as long as he usually does when he gets the cold and flu. I did some research and I found that Probiotics for kids has many more benefits I was unaware too.
Benefits of children using a probiotic
- There is evidence to suggest probiotics are safe and effective in treating persistent diarrhea in children.
- Saccharomyces boulardii has therapeutic properties in the treatment of acute diarrhea in children.
- Lactic acid bacteria as probiotics reduce the risk for infantile eczema.
- Probiotic and prebiotic supplementation improves the symptoms of children with atopic dermatitis.
- Probiotics and prebiotics significantly prevent eczema and atopic eczema in infants.
- Supplementation of mothers and their babies with the probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri reduces IgE-associated eczema and may reduce respiratory allergic disease later in life.
- A probiotic mixture has positive effects on symptoms of constipation in children.
- Bifidobacterium infantis and Lactobacillus acidophilus reduces the incidence and severity of necrotizing enterocolitis in very low birth weight infants.
- Lactobacillus reuteri and Bifidobacterium lactis supplementation of children fed formula reduces adverse events, e.g. antibiotic use, diarrhea, etc.
- Long term use of probiotics and synbiotics reduce the incidence and severity of respiratory diseases during the cold season.
- Probiotic bacteria reduce the duration and severity of common cold episodes.
- Probiotic therapy has therapeutic value in treating Klebsiella infection in children.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Lactobacillus reuteri reduce the duration of diarrhea in children with mild gastroenteritis.
- “Prophylactic probiotics for preterm infants reduces mortality.”
- Saccharomyces boulardii is an effective adjuvant in treating acute childhood diarrhea.
- Lactobacillus reuteri significantly shortens the duration of watery diarrhea associated with rotavirus gastroenteritis in children between 6 and 36 months.
- Probiotics demonstrate immunomodulatory effects in atopic pediatric patients by increasing the TH1 immune response which counterbalances the dominant TH2 immune response.
- Saccharomyces boulardii inhibits Escherichia coli infection in children.
- Probiotic strains from breast milk are superior to antibiotics in the treatment of infectious mastitis.
- Human breast milk contains Lactobacillius strains which are effective in the treatment of mastitis during lactation.
- Probiotics prophylaxis was as effective as antibiotic prophylaxis in children with persistent primary vesicoureteral reflux.
- Lactobacillus reuteri accelerates gastric emptying and improves regurgitation in infants.
- The consumption of fermented milk with Lactobacillus casei in lactating mothers has a positive effect on the mother and offspring’s immunological status.
- Acne may respond favorably to probiotics due to their involvement in normalizing the gut-brain-skin axis.
- Probiotics prevent IgE-associated allergy until age 5 years in cesarean-delivered children.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG and Bifidobacterium lactis are safe and effective in reducing early otitis media and antibiotic use and the risk of respiratory infections during the first year of life.
- Postnatal probiotic and prebiotic treatment is safe and increases resistance to respiratory infections during the first 2 years of life.
Thoughts of the product
As an author of the book, “The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body – Heal Your Body Naturally and Maintain Optimal Health Using Alternative Medicine, Herbals, Vitamins, Fruits and Vegetables I found this probiotic supplement to be very beneficial.” I have been using this product for some time now and I found it to be very effective. I am able to go to the bathroom regularly without having to resort to any unhealthy over-the-counter products. Not only is it helping me with my irregularity, but also it is helping my body prevent any unwanted diseases or illnesses. I experienced some weight loss too.
I have tried many different probiotics products in the past and I found Essential Formulas: Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics Original Formula to be extremely effective and easy on your stomach. It worked wonderfully and I would recommend to others.
For more information you can visit their website is at http://www.essentialformulas.com.
It came quickly, packaged well and I noticed I felt more energized after taking it for a couple of weeks! I will continue to use Essential Formulas: Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics Original Formula. I highly recommend it.
Article Source: http://www.examiner.com/review/the-latest-surprise-about-probiotics