I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com), May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog. The opinions posted are my own, experiences may vary per person, and are not intended to treat or diagnose a medical problem.
My digestive system and I have always had a bit of a rocky relationship. As a young woman I began to battle with hemorrhoids and was then diagnosed with Crohn’s disease in my early 20’s. Now I would say that there was a time where it would be tough to discuss this openly, but after having multiple colonoscopies and 3 kids, I am beyond the point of being shy.
Although, I am managing my disease through lifestyle and visits to the gastroenterologist, my system is still not where I would like it to be and I would prefer to stay off prescription medications.
Recently I added in a few new routines along with existing ones to try to get my gut back in check. Read on to find out 6 Things I Am Doing To Improve My Digestive Health!
1. Chewing My Food – When you have kids, you tend to inhale your meals. I decided to take a moment and actually enjoy my dinner and chew. I immediately noticed less indigestion and feeling fuller quicker. Plus, I am getting more nutrients and pleasure out of food. For more information read this great Livestrong article about the advantages of chewing food.
2. Drinking Plenty of Fluids – I tend to have slow bowels so I need all the help I can get when it comes to going to the bathroom. Drinking plenty of water helps me stay regular and helps avoid straining.
3. Increasing Fiber- Going back to chewing my food and regularity. I have been adding in items like oatmeal and simple smoothies for breakfast to make sure I am getting a balanced diet. Plus, these are excellent foods for a Mom who is constantly on the go and needs an easy meal.
4. Long Walks – I have a nature preserve that I explore with a friend and not only is this relaxing and calming for the mind, but it keeps my system moving along. Since the last thing I want is to get constipated or irritate my hemorrhoids, I try to stay as active as I can. Check out this informative article from Webmd Exercise to Ease Constipation.
5. Avoiding Stress at Dinner Time- I try not to rush, so I either plan my meals in advance or arrange takeout. Plus, no arguments or stressful conversations at mealtime. Otherwise the indigestion starts and the inhaling of food occurs. Enough said.
6. Probiotics – Recently I started on a regimen of Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics Original Formula with Live Cultures and I can definitely tell a difference in the way my belly is digesting foods as well as my bowels. This supplement has been developed to support digestive comfort, nutrient absorption and a healthy immune system. It includes ingredients such as mountain spring water, fruits, and vegetables are fermented for three years with 12 distinctive probiotic strains.*
When my digestive system is off it really does effect my mood, energy, and overall health. I plan on continuing to work on it so I can be a happy and healthy Woman, Wife, and Mom.
Now I want to mention that I have also noticed a positive change in my skin breakouts, nails, combating sinus issues, and recently my menstrual cycle. I think this due to a combination of all these changes (diet, exercise, and probiotics), however I also have been adding Dr. Ohhira’s Essential Living Oils, as well as completed a regimen of Dr. Ohhira’s Propolis PLUS.
Dr. Ohhira’s Essential Living Oils offers a vegan alternative to fish oil. Supplements contain eight natural plant and seed oils that are coldpressed, extracted, and prepared to provide plant-based essential healthy fats.*
Dr. Ohhira’s Propolis PLUS fuses antioxidants with immune supporting components that support immune health, digestive function, and antioxidant support. Supplements contain Brazilian green propolis, flax oil Omega-3, prebiotic and probiotic support, and antioxidants vitamin E and astaxanthin. This vegetarian certified supplement supports joint comfort, immune support, healthy nervous system function, cardiovascular wellness, and overall digestive health.*
Wanting also try out Dr. Ohhira’s? I have a special promotion for Learning As A Family Readers! Visit the website at drohhiraprobiotics.com and receive the following offer, good through April 30th, 2017:
20% off the Suggested Retail Price (SRP) of Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics Original Formula (30ct) SRP $35.95, after discount: $29.00, a savings of $6.95 Original Formula (60ct) SRP $59.95, after discount: $47.96, a savings of $11.99 Receive a FREE Kampuku Beauty Bar – ($12.05 Value). FREE (First Class Mail) Shipping. Use Promo Code at checkout: momj2017
Connect with Dr. Ohhira’s online at drohhiraprobiotics.com to see their latest offerings and plus, learn more about their many health products on Facebook at facebook.com/DrOhhirasProbiotics and Twitter at twitter.com/it_takes_guts.