The 12 Probiotic Strains used in Dr. Ohhira’s Formula
1. Enterococcus faecalis TH-10 – Dr. Ohhira’s proprietary strain is 6.25 times stronger than any other Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB) known to bacteriologists. The proteolytic power of the TH-10 strain is what distinguishes it from other LAB. Proteolytic power is the ability of LAB to digest protein during the fermentation process. The greater its ability to digest protein, the greater the power of the LAB. Enterococcus faecalis TH10 has been found to produce compounds that help in multiple ways to promote a balanced microbiome and healthy gastrointestinal function.*
2. Bifidobacterium breve ss. breve – Promotes comfortable digestion and regularity; helps support a healthy immune system*
3. Bifidobacterium infantis ss. infantis – Promotes digestive comfort in both the stomach and intestinal tract*
4. Bifidobacterium longum – Supports the body’s ability to process and eliminate nitrates in food*
5. Lactobacillus acidophilus – Supports a healthy immune system; helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels already in the normal range*
6. Lactobacillus brevis – Produces natural bacteriocins, which support a healthy immune system*
7. Lactobacillus bulgaricus – Supports digestive comfort and healthy stomach acid*
8. Lactobacillus fermentum – Supports a healthy immune system and promotes nitrogen activation*
9. Lactobacillus casei ss. casei – Supports a healthy immune system, promotes healthy cellular growth and normal apoptosis*
10. Lactobacillus helveticus ss. jagurti – Supports a healthy immune system and promotes the body’s ability to maintain healthy cellular growth*
11. Lactobacillus plantarum – Produces natural bacteriocins, which support a healthy immune system*
12. Streptococcus thermophilus – Supports production of the antioxidant SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE*
Have a question about probiotics? Click here to check out our Probiotics FAQs.
Want to learn more about probiotic terms? Click here to check out our Glossary of Probiotics Terms.